Thank you to Hpnotiq for sponsoring this post. Visit http://hpnotiq.com/danceoff to enter to win the ultimate VIP weekend in Las Vegas for you and your friends!
Sometimes (all of the time) I take myself a bit too seriously. So when I have the opportunity to write about something that’s purely fun, I’m alllll over it. Especially when that something involves dreaming up my ultimate girls’ night out. I mean, that’s not even work. Take a mini mental-vaction with my girlfriends, in which the world is our oyster? Don’t mind if I do!
The cast of characters for my ultimate GNO includes my real-life friends, some of whom live far-far away, my mommy-group, and an internet-friend that I’ve never met in real life, but would love love love to hang out with, IRL. (Is that weird?)
- All of the mommies in my Monday-morning moms’ group – I’ve known most of these ladies since our childbirth education class, and our kiddos have grown up together. Collectively we are a hilarious, intelligent, ambitious group of women, and I would love to whisk them away for an amazing night on the town.
- Karina – (San Jose, CA) Real life friend, former housemate, and my main partner-in-crime from back-in-the-day. We once hosted a “popped collar party” that was pretty darn amazing. She’s freaking adorable, has killer style, and is one of the sweetest girls you’ve ever met.
- Niharika – (Atlanta, GA) Real life friend, and my favorite sleep-over buddy. In the slideshow below you can see us in what might be the greatest photograph ever taken.
- Jess – (Weston-super-Mare, England) Real life friend, and the only person in my friend-group to also have a kiddo. She and her family are moving back to the states very soon! YAY!
- Sam – Internet friend, founder and editor of the style blog, The Peak of Très Chic, and basically the most glam person I know. Oh, and she is a knockout, to boot.
- You (Surprise!) – If you’re a lady who has left a thoughtful, encouraging comment on my blog/twitter/facebook/whatever, you are SO invited. I have “met” so many amazing women here that I think it would be totally awesome to get to hang out you in real life!
Here are some pictures, so you can put faces to the names.
So now that we’ve got my crew settled, let’s talk details. I’ve never been to New York as an adult, and as a lover of musical theatre and exciting nightlife, New York would be our destination. We’d all fly in, and stay in an amazing suite at The Palace (of course!). (And we send the daddies and kids to Disneyworld or somewhere so we don’t feel guilty. 🙂 )
Half of the fun, at least for me, is the pre-GNO primping. I’m not sure what this says about me, but I swear I’d spend twice as much time getting ready to hit the town with my girlfriends than I would spend getting read for a date. But, because we’re in my fantasy-land, we would definitely not be doing the primping ourselves. We’d have a spa-day leading up to our GNO, and bring in stylists to do our hair and makeup. (Taking a cue from the girls on Gossip Girl here.) Bear in mind, that in my fantasy-land, I am not fasting from makeup. 🙂
From there we’d grab dinner, and catch a show. I’m not sure what could be more fitting than seeing “Bring It On: The Musical.” After the show, we’d find a spot to get some tasty desert, and sing karaoke and dance, and take silly pictures until the wee hours of the morning. The best part? The next day, we’d sleep in until whenever the heck we naturally wake up, because that, dear friends, is the ultimate luxury.
So, whaddaya think? Sound like fun? Just thinking about rounding up all of my favorite people for a guilt-free good-time makes me excited. (I do have a 29th birthday coming up…maybe I should plan a party!) If the thought of planning the ultimate girls’ night out has you excited, maybe you’d like to enter the Live Louder Dance Off contest for a chance at winning the ultimate VIP weekend in Las Vegas! All you have to do is upload either a photo or a video of your best dance moves/pose. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
Hope you enjoyed this brief departure from taking myself too seriously. (I sure have.) Rest assured that I will be back on Friday with an update regarding that darn makeup fast. (Will it never end?)
Let’s be friends!